The ASIC - Association for the Science and Information on Coffee - is an association dedicated to organizing the leading bi-annual conference on the science and technology of coffee, covering the completely coffee value chain.
The mission of the ASIC conferences is:
- to be the leading global conference on the science and technology of coffee
- to assess existing and emerging scientific and technical knowledge on coffee
- to be an incubator for future research and innovation on the science and technology of coffee
- to promote an interdisciplinary and international exchange and networking on the science and technology of coffee
- To bring together stakeholders and leaders on the science of coffee, creating a platform for interdisciplinary dialog and problem solving
Article 1 of the ASIC Bylaws states:
"To establish an inventory of scientific and applied knowledge and to encourage, carry out and coordinate research likely to contribute to a better use of coffee and its derivatives and to the improvement of coffee quality in the mutual interest of producers, wholesalers, industrialists and consumers." (Art. 1).